SOS Women Solidarity Association
Located in Strasbourg, in Bas-Rhin, Eastern France, the Sos Women Solidarity Association employs currently about 15 professionals. These professionals rely on the support of some 30 volunteers so far. They act hand in hand to address all types of violence against women in their relationships: physical, sexual, economic, administrative, psychological and emotional. In relation to the French National Telephone Helpline against domestic violence, the 3919 and the French National Federation Solidarity with Women (Fédération Nationale Solidarité Femmes), they:
- Receive, help and listen to women, with or without children, who experience violence for free and in an anonymous and secure way
- Help them preventing emergencies situations and finding a way out, thanks to emergency housing for women and children services.
- Guide, support and facilitate them the rehousing, reemployment and social reintegration processes
- Direct the women victims and their children to relevant institutions and a solid specialized network of professionals with different areas of activites for their care and treatment
- Raise awareness and inform people about gender-based and domestic violence, their causes and the different forms they can take.
Of victims of domestic violence are women
Calls received on average each year by the association
Spousal femicides recorded for the year 2020 compared to 146 in 2019